The Bratzke Student-Athlete Academic Success Center located in the Alumni Coliseum opened in June of 2000 after the generous donation given by its benefactor, Chad Bratzke. Chad was a walk-on to the EKU football team and went on to achieve success in the NFL with the Indianapolis Colts. The former EKU All-American, Bratzke earned many academic honors while at EKU including Colonel Scholar, Presidential Scholar, and OVC Commissioners Honor Roll.
The office of Bratzke Student-Athlete Academic Success Center offers a variety of support services including Mentoring, Tutoring, Study hall and Academic Advising to help assist the more than 350 EKU student-athletes reach their full academic potential. The over 3000 square foot Bratzke Center has grown over the years to include a tutoring center, 34 station computer lab, academic advising office suite, as well as a classroom and quiet study area. A staff of Academic Advisors, Tutors, and Mentors work one on one with student-athletes to provide them support in their transition from High School to college and throughout their careers at EKU.
Goals of the Student-Athlete Academic Success Center:
- To emphasize academic integrity through ensuring compliance with EKU, OVC, and NCAA academic requirements and regulations
- To provide multifaceted academic support services, which will assist student-athletes in achieving academic success
- To offer educational workshops and programming focusing on career, personal, professional and leadership development
- To achieve an all-athlete semester GPA of 3.0 or higher each term
- To achieve a minimum Academic Progress Rate (APR) of 930 for all sports
- To provide community service opportunities to our student-athletes to enhance their overall college experience through serving others